Sunday, April 4, 2010

How did I get here from there?

Tomorrow is a big day at the Whiteley/Warren house. Ben, our sweet but crazy 8 year old, is going on a new diet. He was recently worked up for food allergies/intolerances and it turns out he has many. Gluten, eggs, dairy, peanuts, coconut. Yes, coconut, you read it right. I guess it is a good thing that he doesn't like coconut anyway. What is interesting, as I was going through food to pack for lunch tomorrow I started thinking about how I got to this point from where I was 11 years ago. Don't get me wrong, I love where I am, but there are times when I have a Dorothy moment and wonder what tornado picked me up and moved me out of my comfy apartment in Boston.
I guess I should start out by saying that I have been married for 1o years and have 4 children under the age of 10. My husband and I had our first child, Siri, 3 days after our first anniversary and kept adding for the first 7 years of our marriage. Before we were married I was an adolescent health nurse at Children's Hospital in Boston and my husband was just starting his company. Now 10 years later I am a stay at home mom, who has decided that this is my year to start trying new things, whether it be blogging, getting back to running and finishing my first half marathon or trying Ben out on this new diet. It is a year of change and maybe during this year (alright, alright we are already 12 weeks into the year), just maybe during this year, I am going to slowly figure out how I got here from there.

1 comment:

  1. Hello there my friend! Welcome to blogworld! I was so happy to click on your name today and find you here. Have fun with it...xo

    ReplyDelete