Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Running with Izzie/Tall Mom's Virtual 5 K

Today Izzie and I ran a 5 K. I returned to running this year after a period of feeling sorry for myself and my position in life. After a few months of talk therapy and a little something, something, I am definitely on track and training for my first half marathon in June. Running with Izzie is always a trial and a treat at the same time. The trial is that she weighs 33 pounds and god only knows how much the stroller weighs, we live in a town with hills and that she puts the sun shield up and down, up and down always pulling it out of its holder. The treat is she chants 'go mommy go' up hills, she talks to me about the geese we hear, and she laughs during the entire run.
So anyway we ran the Tall Mom's Virtual 5 K this am as something fun to do. Of course, I am just reading Mels instructions regarding creating a bib for myself and taking a picture and I don't have any of that, but I do have my time and my route. I ran a 5 K in 33 minutes, with Izzie. I am definitely not going to win anything, but in the end I guess I did win something, 33 minutes with my best girl.

2 comments:

  1. Great job running your 5k mine was spent with my little one also. Glad you back up and running (literally) i'm running my first 1/2 this June also so good luck with your training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!! Lots of Strollers out there.. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete