Monday, December 12, 2011

Running, Running, Running

We are up and running here.  Running to Christmas, running on the roads and running to various sporting and school events that 4 kids pile up.  My goal this week is to just keep up and make it to Sunday.  (I thought that it was make it until Saturday and then I realized we have a flag football double header and a cookie swap.)  I know that I am going to be up before 5 most mornings if I want to get my run in.  That is okay.  Sometimes I feel better if I am done and feel like I can conquer the day.

I also went out on a limb this week and sent an email to the owner of our local running store.  I let him know that I was interested in working at his store if he had any openings.  I never heard back from him which has me kind of bummed out.  My husband said he was proud of me for even putting myself out like that.  Believe me that is not my usual MO.  Now of course I am in that weird thought process that he would never hire me, I will never be able to go into his store again and why would I do something so crazy?

I guess what it comes down to is that I am ready to have a job, but I want to do something that I like.  I love running gear/stuff.  I love helping people shop for gear/stuff and I really like my local running store.  Fingers crossed that maybe I hear something from him even if it is a kind no thank you.

4 comments:

  1. that is awesome, rene! i know how hard it is to put yourself out there like that ... hang in there and know that if it is meant to be, it will happen! and if it doesn't happen that just means there is something else around the corner that is better for you to be doing. i think you are wise to look for something that has meaning to you, something you love and enjoy and are passionate about. I am trying to build the same thing for myself and it is hard with young kids, but so worth it. keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe he is just busy? Kudos to you for putting yourself out there. If he doesn't hire you well then it is his loss!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I one time played out this whole fantasy scenario of opening a running store in our mall. Mall. We have ONE. And it is so vacant, it needs something new and fun. It was a nice fantasy while it lasted, but then I realized of course I can't open a store on my own. I wouldn't know where to start.

    I hope he replies to you with an exciting offer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire the 5am workouts--i'm not quite at the parenting stage where that's a necessity, but I hope I can pull it off when I have to. :) I know what you mean about wanting to go back to work in something that interests you... I have time, but I'm thinking about that, too. Hope you hear something nice either way!

    ReplyDelete