Monday, January 16, 2012

It's the January Crazies

Well I have fallen off of my blog bandwagon.  I could probably write a VERY long blog entry this am, but I don't even have time as I am off to the grocery store before my kiddos get up.  We have had a busy couple of weeks.

  • Lacrosse and basketball have started.  I am already sick of being in my car and trying to figure out how to feed four kids without becoming a short order cook.
  • Ben's basketball team has not won one game yet.  He got in the car the other night and was quick to talk about how bad they are.  I didn't quite know what to say because....he is right they are really bad.  My reply, "Well Ben...you can only go up from here!"
  • I had a job interview at Runner's Alley this week and fingers crossed I think that it went really well.  I would work in the store, run some running groups etc....everything that I want to do back in the work force.  Don't get me wrong I am looking to work, but I am also looking to have fun while I am doing it.
  • My training for Half at the Hamptons is going great.  We are enjoying our runs and totally gearing up.  It helps that the weather in the New Hampshire has been good enough for us to run outside most days.
  • I ran the Cabin Fever 5K on Saturday in Milford, NH.  It was a fun race with a big turnout.  The only bummer was that we had snow/ice on Thursday and Friday and the road it was on was really icy.  I ran tense the entire time because I was so scared to fall.  I had an entire conversation with myself while running....do I fall on my bad hip or my good hip?  am i going to wipe someone out if I fall?  Why did I say I would do this, I don't love 5K's?
So, there you have it everything going on in our wacky NH world.  The kids' are off today, but there will be nothing fun going on.  I have a lot to catch up on.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you get the job--that would be a perfect fit for you! And wow, a 5k on ice is scary... I am enjoying living in a warmer climate this year where I don't have to worry about snow and ice... glad you didn't fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would be terrified to run a 5k on ice! When is your 1/2? The Hamptons would be a pretty sweet locale for one (in the summer, of course!). And I feel you on driving kids to and fro...it's all I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the job - I hope it works out! I hear you on being tired of the "mom's taxi service" - lacrosse started and hockey's still going on...and I'm tired of being in my car!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get the job at Runner's Alley, that would be a fun job. I need a job like that.

    ReplyDelete