This morning was the 1st Run in Lowell, MA. I went in with no expectations (I mean no!) and I came out with a 52:48. I was psyched. I felt strong throughout the race. The course had good support. It was a double loop, but that was okay because I got to run with 4 of my friends one with whom I had not spoken to in a while. It was nice to catch up with her for the new year. The weather was incredible. Can you say 50 degrees on January 1? Honestly we could have been in t-shirts and our skirts. I ended up in a capri skirt and long sleeve top. I started to get that sick feeling at about mile 5, but we kept on going. I just worked on my breathing at that point. There was plenty of water at the end as well as beer and snacks.
This race was the first race in the Will Run for Beer series sponsored by Loco Running. This series is 7 races through the beginning of June. If you do 5 out of 7 you get a jacket. I am already signed up for 4 of the races and looking forward to all of them. 2 of them are half marathons which are always a good time.
I also started my food diary today. Let's just say it is not pretty and I am taking in way to many calories. I have a couple of ideas on breakfast foods that I want to incorporate. I also need to do a better job of portion sizes. Note to self you don't have to eat everything on your plate and go back for seconds. I think this food journal is going to be a great idea for me and hoping that it can help me put things in perspective.
I wish that I could write some crazy New Years Eve story, but I was in bed with my 5 year old at 8 pm watching House Hunters. Yep we're crazy over here!
Awesome race! 5 races to a jacket is a pretty good deal...I'd sign up for that! And I hear you on the cleaning the plate, going back for seconds... I use a food journal off and on, but it doesn't necessarily help me change anything... sounds like you're motivated to make changes!
ReplyDeletegreat job on your 10k! and the food journal is such a good idea. i don't do it regularly but every now and then i check in with myself by writing things down for a week or two. it is always eye-opening and helps me get back on track. i should probably be motivating myself to do it again here soon now that you have me thinking ... (and as I inhale my second brownie for the day)
ReplyDeleteoh and new year's eve - i was sound asleep on the couch by 10pm but don't worry - i was up as the clock turned because the baby woke me up at 11:50!
Hello fellow Tough Chiker! We need a will run for beer series here. I can't wait until we move to the mainland and there are more fun runs to participate in!
ReplyDelete