I am employed. The job from Runner's Alley came through and I am starting training tomorrow. I honestly can not believe it. I took a chance. I sent an e-mail to a store that I love and everything has fallen into place. When I called the owner back after he e-mailed me the other day he said he thought, "we were going to make a great team." I am excited to begin the learning process. Shoe fittings, clothes, helping customers. It is definitely going to take time. As much as I think that I know, I am realizing that I don't know much.
The kids are being funny. Siri is worried about who is going to drive her to riding. Ben is worried about dinner. (funny for a kid who doesn't eat) Andy is worried about how late he has to stay at after school and Izzie...she doesn't really care. This part will be hard. There will be one or two afternoons when they have to come home and wait for Trav for a half of an hour.
Am I worried? I am not worried, but I am definitely nervous. I have not held a job since before Siri was born 12 years ago. I definitely have a few insecurities, but I just am going to go in with a positive attitude and an open mind.
On another note I belted out 10 miles on the treadmill today while watching the NFL network with Ben. I am a sucker for football and even more of a sucker for my New England Patriots. Go Pats!
Congrats to you on the job! I'm sure it will all fall into place for you.
ReplyDeleteAs a Ravens fan, I cannot congratulate your Pats! What a bummer of an ending for us!
so happy for you Rene'!! Best of luck! And what a game!! :)
ReplyDeleteOoooh! I love Runner's Alley. I don't live too close to one but when I go, it's almost like church for me. I hope it is a good fit. You're sure to meet and inspire (and be inspired by) a great bunch of athletes.
ReplyDeleteI actually watched the Pats game, too. Entertaining, to say the least!
Congrats to you Rene!!!! That is awesome!!! I would LOVE to work at a running store!! I am actually going to send a friend of mine to Runner's Alley. She lives in Windham. She needs some kicks!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! That's so awesome!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Rene!! So glad you took a chance and it paid off!
ReplyDeleteAnd wasn't that some game?! Yay Pats!
Congrats, babe! Praying for everyone... and super excited for you. Teach us all you learn! ;-)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!
ReplyDelete