Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Tree is Up

We (the 4 kids) decorated the Christmas Tree last night.  As you can see the ornaments all seem to be in one area.  That would be from the kids fighting over the step stool in front of the tree.  Usually by now I have rearranged and fixed the tree to my specifications, but I have one home sick again today and he seems to be in my hip pocket.
Decorating the Christmas tree with four kids, a dog and 2 cats can be a little bit of a trick.  T puts on the lights.  I sat on the couch and facilitated the job.  I know he really appreciated it.  I like the lights tucked in the tree so they look like they are illuminating from the inside.  T doesn't quite feel that way and just wants to get them up.  While he was putting the lights on everyone was pulling ornaments out of the box, trying to hang them and then of course one broke.  The one that broke....Ben's from Disney.  Who broke it?  Siri. Let's just say Wrestlemania broke out in the living room.
Every year I have a vision on eating cookies, decorating the tree, talking about how the home made ornaments.  Every year it turns into how fast can we get the tree up and then put everyone to bed.  Then I start questioning Trav about why we didn't get the tree on Saturday?  Maybe we should get a fake tree and we could put it up whenever we wanted?  You know the second guessing that occurs about everything around Christmas.
Oh yeah and one more thing.  Seriously Taylor Swift?  Why would you charge $60 for perfume that is probably being worn by a bunch of 6th graders?  And why is that the first thing on Siri's Christmas list?

4 comments:

  1. Love the tree! We're sticking to a small one up on the mantle, out of the toddler's reach, but put up some indoor lights to help make up for it. I'm looking forward to the kids decorating, cookie eating stage, but can understand the let's-just-get-through-this mentality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tree looks great!!! I always have visions of a Hallmark card moment but not so much the reality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband goes nuts when the kids decorate the tree because they lump all the ornaments together.. I have to remind him to let them do it, fix it when they go to bed! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok my tree has been up since Saturday night. Not one light or ornament is on it yet. Sad. Miss you too my friend! Hi to all up there! xoxo

    ReplyDelete