Yesterday I took to my treadmill and ran 6 miles for Sherry Arnold. I don't have a pic or my bib, but I spent the hour on the mill thinking about Sherry and her family. I for a minute thought about the losers that hurt her, but that is not what I wanted to waste my time dwelling on. The entire situation is rotten, but what an amazing group of runners that came together to run for someone. Pretty amazing.
I have been working 2-3 days a week and even got my first paycheck this week. I went to Target and got the kids some Valentines treats. Very exciting to spend my OWN money;)
Finally, I have a half marathon on Sunday. It is the Half at the Hamptons in Hampton, NH. We did this race last year and I really love it. It is a flat, well supported course. There is about 7 of us going down and it is my friend Gail's birthday so we are going to eat something yummy after. I can't wait. I am hoping for a sub 2. My training has been pretty good and I have been feeling pretty strong. I did wake up with some hip pain the other day, but for right now I am going to ignore it.
I will leave you with a picture of Valentine's Day prep at our house....Let's just say the amount of glitter in my home could probably cover all of your homes....
Happy Valentine's Day
Wow that looks like some fun Valentines day prep! My husband HATES Valentines day so we do nothing for it. Boo
ReplyDeleteOh, glitter... I've been avoiding it so far! It's amazing how it just takes over everything. :) Yay for your upcoming half!
ReplyDelete