Saturday, February 25, 2012

Good Morning Saturday!

I am sitting on my couch in the quiet this morning.  Everyone is still upstairs.  The dog is chewing her bone and I am on the computer.  It is so peaceful.  The sun is coming out, but the winds are supposed to be up to 60 mph today.  Great!  I am sure that our power will go out.
The kids are on school vacation this week.  I have to say I am so excited.  No lunches to pack.  No arguing for everyone to get in the car.  No car pool arrangements.  I do have to work on Monday and Tuesday, but that will be okay.  I don't want us to get sick of each other to soon.
I ran the Half at the Hamptons last weekend with 6 of my running besties.  We all finished in different times, but as per usual everyone met for hugs and congratulations at the end.  I finished in 1:55 which I am not complaining about.  I wore my Saucony Triumphs and ended up with two huge blisters.  They were sliding all over the place.  I have found that this shoe is wider than I am used too and in working that sometimes I tend to size it down a half a size on customers.  In the end I decided that it is probably okay for neighborhood runs, but I won't be wearing them in any more races.
The beauty of this race is that I went in with no expectations.  Whatever happened happened.  I ended up have a pretty speedy race, finishing 5 minutes under my goal time.  My next half is April 7 in Newmarket, NH.  This race is the Great Bay Half Marathon.  It is known for its hills.  I have been doing some hill work, but I truly have no expectation.  One of my friends PR'd this course last year, my other friend hated it.  We'll see.
Finally, I treated myself to a new pair of Newton Gravity's this week and they are arriving on Monday.  I will be honest I am not loving any of my running shoes right now.  I spent yesterday at the store trying on all of the neutral shoes.  Did not love anything....I am hoping that the Newtons give me a pick up.  Who knows?  I will keep you posted.
Happy Saturday everyone!  Are you running today?  I am working 10-5 and am going to take today off.  Will do a longer run tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Great pace time on your log. I hit my first 9 something mile today and I was on cloud 9!! This was on the treadmill so now I need to try to get the same running off the treadmill! Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post just felt so peaceful to me - even with the blisters! Okay, I SUCK on hills - and I just set a new Half Marathon PR on hills last weekend. SO ... I predict great things for you in that upcoming race!

    ReplyDelete