Friday, August 26, 2011

A Little Update

Good Morning!  After a good cry at my witch doctor's office, a little ice and a good night's sleep I am feeling better this morning  My calf still hurts and I am not able to run today I am trying to take it all in stride.

I saw Dr. Looney (my ART therapist) at 2 pm yesterday and started to cry the minute I walked in the door. He obviously get a lot of crying athletes because he smiled and took it in stride.  When I told him I thought that I wasn't a marathoner he started laughing and reassured me that he thought that I was a marathoner,  that I need a couple of days off and then he went to work.  His diagnosis.... a few little tears in my calf.  The plan...some ice and rest and then if I feel up to it 4 FLAT miles on the treadmill this weekend.  Fingers crossed that it will be better soon.  Chicago is 7 weeks away.

It looks like my area of NH might be getting a big hit from Hurricane Irene this weekend.  I will be spending the day trying to get the pool stuff in the pool house.  Hopefully my bum leg doesn't hold me back to much.  I told Trav that he was in charge fo the Lax goal and backboard.  I think that he is wondering where it is all going to go.  Siri was supposed to return home on Sunday with my mother, but it looks like they will be back on Tuesday.  There first day of school is on Wednesday.  This should be a great transition.

Happy Friday!  If you are on the East Coast stay safe!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad Dr. Looney was encouraging!! You've got time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news!!!! PLEEZE let that calf rest.. I ran mine into a sfx months ago. You've got time, no worries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree you've got time! Take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally crossing my fingers for you. I think you want to do Chicago so bad, you'll heal and be ready!

    ReplyDelete