Thursday, August 11, 2011

Three Things Thursday...Falmouth Road Race

1.  I am running in my 2nd Falmouth Road Race this weekend.  My first one was in 2005.  I ran it in between Andy and Izzie.  It was hot and humid, but the race was beautiful.  The people were awesome and it all in all was a great race.  I am definitely excited.  Outfit picked out, I am picking up my number tomorrow and am going to check out the expo.  I don't know how long that I will be there due to having the 4 kids with me and my MIL is coming, but it is going to be fun none the less.  We are getting cupcakes after at my friends cupcake store.  The kids are over the moon.
2.  I am hoping to run it in a little over an hour.  My 10K last weekend was 55 minutes and I would love to be at an hour, but I don't know if that is happening.  On my long run this morning my hip started bothering me at about mile 6.  I pushed through to mile 11, but I am hoping it is just tight.  I will call my ART therapist tomorrow am to try to get in next week.
3.  They are saying it is supposed to rain.  Rain on the Cape in August usually = humidity.  Fingers crossed it is not going to be to bad.  I am NOT good in humidity.
Have a great weekend everyone....

3 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great race and that your hip feels better. I hate when stuff like this creeps up on a run...you are smart to listen to your body. maybe roll it out on a foam roller or something in the next couple of days before the race? take it easy and get some rest so you can enjoy your race! can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll do great!! Have fun!! Stop by on your way home?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Cupcake Charlie's!!! I swear they lace them with something extra because it gives Em a super sugar high!!

    Good luck Sunday!!! The rain is said to hold off until the evening but the humidity will be up a little....Go get it Rene!!!

    ReplyDelete