Thursday, August 25, 2011

Three Things Thursday....feeling sorry for Myself edition

1.  The day started with such promise.  A good nights sleep, a good fueling breakfast and my friends arriving for our 16 mile run.  It turned out to be not so great.  At mile 8 something went in my right calf, a small popping sound I would say.  We ran to my friends house, tried to massage it and use biofreeze and by mile 10 I was on the phone with Travis to come and get me.  He found me on the side of the road waiting.  I will admit a little teary eyed.
2.  I got home and immediately called my ART therapist, Dr. Looney.  A few more tears and his secretary said that he would see me at 2.  I think the tears are what got me in.  It is usually a couple days wait....(or maybe somebody cancelled.)
3.  The doubt is creeping in.  Is Chicago even an option anymore?  Do I keep training skip Chicago and just head for Richmond?  Do I give in and say maybe marathon training is not for me and I will stick to half marathons?  I just don't know.  What I do know is that my calf hurts and I am frustrated.

So anyway, I am letting it all out.  I am feeling sorry for myself now and hoping by tomorrow I will have happy news to report.

6 comments:

  1. Don't take anything off the table yet! Hopefully your ART and a quick rest will do the trick. Keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't give up the hope yet! One week before a half marathon in July my right knee became painful and swollen, one week later I ran a pain free PR half marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there! I hope you are feeling better soon. Don't rule anything out just yet. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh goodness...it is ok to let it out! i am having one of those days, too. i SWORE i would not let myself get down and it lasted several hours until about 20 minutes ago when i just found myself with a huge lump in my throat and then, waterworks. ugh.
    hang in there, you are doing all the right things. i hope you feel better soon and that your doc can work it out so you are pain free and injury free. don't rule out your marathon yet - you will overcome this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :( So sorry Rene' . Praying you heal quickly. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. {{{HUGS}}} Hope it heals up quick!

    ReplyDelete