Thursday, December 29, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1.  We have had a relaxing vacation week.  Ben had a basketball tournament, Siri has been to the barn and the little kids have played with their toys.  We have spent time with our friends and are now about to take down the tree and speed into 2012.  While I have enjoyed the week, I will be glad when they are all back in school and I am back on my schedule.

2.  I spent the morning on the computer writing down races in my calendar.  Some I am signed up for and some are just on my radar.  I have quite a few Half's on the list and a couple of 10k's and 5 K's.  My first race is the 1st Run 10K on January 1 in Lowell, MA.  I am excited to open the year with a 10K.  It is just what I need to get my running juices flowing.  I am going with 5 running besties.  Last year we did a 10K in Salsbury, MA which I am not going to name because it stunk.  This one is very well run and we are all excited.

3.  I also have spent a lot of the morning thinking about my goals for 2012.  I would love to run a sub 1:50 half marathon this year.  I know that in order to do that I need to drop a couple of pounds.  The last couple of months have not been great eating months for me.  I am hoping to start the year off right by keeping a food journal.  I have tried this before and it doesn't always work.  Maybe this will be the year that it does.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying the holiday week, but I know what you mean about getting back to normal. We got back last night, and are starting to find that routine again. I need to map out my 2012 and goals as well! Good luck on the food journal! I've used it off and on too, but it hasn't often changed my eating, just makes me realize how much extra snacking I do! Works for a lot of people though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a relaxing holiday week! I just finished putting some races on the calendar too. I've heard good things about Lowell - have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fun 10K! I've resisted temptation and am going to start the year without a race on the first. It's killing me to pass that up.

    Good luck with your goals! I need to sit down and work on mine and just write them out for myself. Goals are good!

    ReplyDelete