My good friend G, from Neurosis of a Stay at Home Marathoner tagged me for this fun game, so I think that I will partake. Here goes....
1. I have 4 kids, 2 boys and 2 girls, which many find funny. When I was younger I didn't even like to babysit.
2. I was an Adolescent Health Nurse at Children's Hospital Boston. I loved my job and was considered kind of cool by the teenage population. My 11 year old tween doesn't think that I am so cool.
3. I have run 2 marathons, 6 half marathons and many 5K's and 10K's. My favorite distance is the half. The training is manageable and I always feel great after.
4. My fastest half is 1:51 and I would like to get a sub 1:50 this year.
5. I live in the town that my husband grew up in. We have lived here for 12 years. That is the longest I have ever lived in one place or house. There are many times over the past couple of years that I have begged to pick up and move. Obviously, it is not working.
6. I am lucky to have 3 "running besties" that run most of my runs with me. We are close friends, talk about everything and adhere to the rule that nothing we talk about leaves our run. We have solved many problems on those long runs.
7. My parents were both runners and I have always considered myself a runner. I would jump in and out of it in my 20's, but have considered running my favorite physical activity.
8. I hate flying. Really, I find it quite terrifying and spend the entire plane ride ready for it to crash. My husband just shakes his head.
9. I am a neat freak. I don't like messes they make me anxious. I am constantly wiping things down and cleaning up. It drives my husband crazy and he constantly is reminding me that we have 4 kids, a dog and 2 cats. I am trying to get better, but it is hard.
10. I own A LOT of running skirts. Most are from runningskirts.com and some from Lululemon. I love running clothes and I like to look cute. There is no need to look messy and/or frumpy while taking part in my favorite activity.
11. My mother was from Louisiana and I was born there. I also lived there for 2 years after college. It was one of my favorite times in my life. I sometimes think of returning there. I have a lot of southern in me.
12. I do not like to be cold.
13. I think about what I want to do with my life now that my kids are all in school. I was a nurse in my previous life, but don't know if that is the road I want to travel now. I am hoping to figure it all out in the next year.
14. I love vegetables, but don't like fruit very much.
15. My husband and I laugh all of the time that we don't have much in common, but we are really two peas in a pod. We seem to do well at doing our own thing while being near each other. ex...I run on the treadmill in our room and he will work on his computer in our room too.
16. I love music. I used to play the piano and still enjoy sitting down and trying to figure out how to play songs. My 10 year old seems to have a gift for music and I have fun listening to him play.
17. I love football. My boys play Pop Warner. I love the LSU Tigers and watch the Patriots every weekend. My husband says that I know more about football than most men.
18. I love watching tv. I can't help it. Thank goodness I like to run so much or else I would be a really big couch potato. If it is cheesy and silly I will be watching it. (think Lifetime movies).
19. I have a plan for everything and I like writing it out. I have a Mom's Plan It Calendar and use different colors for different kids. My runs are mapped out for the month and that is where I keep my grocery list. I would be lost without it.
20. I love going to bed at night. In fact when I wake up in the morning I am already thinking of going to bed that night. My mother claims that I have always been like that even in elementary school.
21. I am not great at arts and crafts or cooking. I feel like I am always trying, but it doesn't seem to go my way. I guess that I will just keep on working.
There is my list. I probably am supposed to tag people, but I think that a lot of people have already been tagged. If you are interested in doing it, please do. I would love to read more.
I'm a piano player, too!
ReplyDeleteRunning skirts are so addicting! Even today I've noticed I'm getting antsy to see if there will be any Cyber Monday sales on skirts!
I love these!!! and learning so much about you!!! It would probably be good for you to move since you don't like to be cold....NH is basically in a deep freeze for 6 months! Lol!
ReplyDelete8. I hate flying. Really, I find it quite terrifying and spend the entire plane ride ready for it to crash. My husband just shakes his head. <--- this is ME and MY H!!!
ReplyDeleteI am not a neat freak though. my house is a mess, I am a mess, my car is a mess... I like to have neatness, but i get frustrated by the kids, dogs, cats... so I don't bother. It depresses me too much.