Thursday, November 10, 2011

Yikes....I'm Sick!

I seem to have caught the bug that is going around.  When I say it stinks it really stinks.  My H has been in California all week and with the time change we really have not heard from him.  Although, I don't know what hearing from his was going to do.  I have a fever.  I have a cough and I feel like I have been beaten up.
Last night I had chicken and rice soup with a toasted cheese sandwich.  Do you know what I did?  I used white bread.  Yes, I know it is so bad for me, but that is all that I wanted.  White bread and American Cheese.  If it is any consolation I hit it in the pantry and I did not give it to the kids.  (Don't know why I felt I needed to add that.  I think that I am becoming delusional with my fever.)
Advil and DayQuil were my friend today.  I also stopped at my MIL's and got a Mucinex before my ART therapy because I thought that it would help.  No luck.
The worst part of the day is that I got the go ahead to try 3 miles on my treadmill.  My new Fuchsia Mizuno's arrived and just the thought of getting on the treadmill is stressing me out.  My mother told me to NOT do it,  hadn't I read the Runner's World article about running while sick?   and that I better cool and wait until the weekend.  (former runner mom:)
So today I am getting the kids off to school and I am supposed to get my haircut.  I feel crappy, but I need my haircut.  I had let it grow out for Chicago and now I need a change.  Please say a prayer that I make it out the door.
Happy Thursday:)

9 comments:

  1. Oh no Rene!!! Rest that body! I hope you feel better very soon!.....did you comment that the running group had hot pink vest? I need to find one of those! I was not looking forward to the bright yellow ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I woke up with a massive headache...and slept with a sick girl all night...she better not have shared her germs with me! Hope you get over this soon! If it makes you feel better, we eat white sourdough bread ALL. THE. TIME. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sick too! and with 9 sleeps to my 50 miler. I AM FREAKING OUT! But I feel a little better knowing everyone seems to have a bug right now so maybe it won't last long?!

    I hope you get over your quickly too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really hope you feel better soon! Get as much rest as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes we all need a few slices of soft, white bread. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. DOH new shoes and not feeling well, do not go together!!

    hope you get to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well that all just plain sucks! I hope you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete