Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Blog, Blog Where Have You Gone

I have not been writing.  The month of November seems to have blown away.  Between our week long power outage, my getting pneumonia and a trip to Florida I seem to finally be getting back into the swing of things.

I was given the go ahead to run 2 weeks ago, but was sick enough that the though of putting on my running clothes made me sicker.  Pneumonia really sucks.  I had never wheezed before, never coughed up both of my lungs before or even run a fever for longer than one or two days.  I was definitely down and out.  I am finally feeling better and am going to attempt to run Feaster Five on Thursday.  I have not run in 5 weeks.  (Since the Chicago Marathon).  I am nervous.  I am worried about my hip, worried what kind of shape that my lungs are in and just hoping to make it through.....Fingers Crossed.

On another note Florida and Disney were great.  Seeing the castle through my 5 year olds eyes was truly amazing.  The big kids went on the "big rides" and Izzie saw a lot of shows.  We were blessed to be able to spend the week with my Mom and Dad and my two nieces.  My only negative....the kids' food.  Honestly, if they were to eat one more chicken finger I think that I was going to lose it.

Can you believe that Christmas is 5 weeks away?  Anything special that people want out there?
Happy Tuesday!!

3 comments:

  1. Loved all your disney pictures. We are going on Dec 16th! Can't wait.

    Praying that your return to running is epic and pain free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rene pneumonia is the worse - I've had it and know it can really take everything out of you! Glad you're on the mend!

    Good luck on Thursday & have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good time is Disney. Hopefully you get to feeling back to normal sooner!

    ReplyDelete