I had a realization last night as I was falling asleep. I was not going to hit 1000 miles this year. I immediately became kind of sad. I started trying to figure out how many miles I would have to run every day to hit 1000. I talked to my H-- about it and then I just decided that I had to let it go. (not as easy as it sounds....I am still thinking about it.) I am just coming back from an injury, there is not way that I can run 8-10 miles everyday through the month of December. (I could, but that was my downfall last January when my body had finally had enough). Instead I am going to focus on 2012. I am going to focus on my races that I have scheduled. I am going to focus on healthy training. I am going to focus on cross training. I have a feeling that I will surpass 1000 miles in 2012.
So here's to a good half marathon training plan and a good 2012! Now if I can just make it through December.
I've been having similar issues lately, thinking about how I won't hit this goal for the year or that goal for the month. It's really meaningless and we need to let ourselves accept where we are but I know it's hard!
ReplyDelete