Now on to my running stuff. I am exactly 3 weeks away from my first half marathon. I have been training hard, but am feeling good. We are going to do one more big run next week and then start to taper a bit. I have been feeling the need to run everyday but I know that it is not good for me. It seems to be what gives me a piece of mind. Then I come home and am calm. I think that my positive run days=positive mom days. Good or not good? That is the question.
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Baseball Try outs
Today my eight year old "Big Ben" tried out for summer baseball. There were 21 kids trying out for 12 spots. Chances are that Ben is not going to make it, but his two best buddies will make it. We spoke to him before the try out and told him that it was not a big deal if he didn't make it just so he went out and tried his best, yadda, yadda, yadda. When he got home I immediately started peppering him with questions, "how did it go?" "did you have fun?" "was it okay?" He dutifully answered every question and then looked at me and said, "Dad said if I don't make the team that we can go and get Lacrosse goals." I just kind of looked at him and then realized it was time to drop it. I was worried because I didn't want him to be disappointed if he didn't make it, but I think that kids are more resilient than we give them credit for sometimes. Will he be sad? Maybe, but he will probably be over it pretty quick. We could all take a lesson from that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment