Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day and as per usual my kids were very excited. It starts with breakfast in bed and each child has their part. Siri is in charge of the menu, Ben the orange juice, Izzie the silverware and Andy sits in bed with me and eats. Then I get all of the fun treats that they made for me at school. This year both Siri and Ben wrote me letters as to why I am a great Mom, which made me a little teary eyed. I don't always think of myself as a great Mom. I guess all that I can hope for is that I raise 4 kind, polite and generous children and that they are all happy in whatever endeavor they choose.
Now...for my favorite gift, my husband got me a gift certificate for Runner's Alley. I asked for it and I was glad that he went and got it. I don't know what I possibly need right now, although I have my eyes on a cute pair of pink compression socks that will hopefully make me fast and my recovery time quicker. Isn't that what they are supposed to do?? Anyway, I am sure that I can spend it and probably spend it pretty quick.
Well...it is time for lunch and I have 4 very hungry children who I thought ate a pretty big breakfast this am. I forget that they run on "time" versus actual hunger. Then off for my "Mother's Day Run." Hopefully the wind dies down or I might get blown away. Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment