Saturday, May 8, 2010

My 9 Mile Jaunt

Yesterday, my friend M and I did our 9 mile run. We are training for the Worcester Half Marathon on June 13th and we are following a Hal Higdon guide. I think that we had a great run. We were trying to keep our pace between 9 and 10 minute miles, "slow and steady!" and we ended up finishing in 1:23. I tried Gu for the first time, strawberry bananna flavor, and by the end of my run I was starting to have some stomach gurgling and had to race home pretty fast. I will have to try a new brand or maybe the shot blocks. Some people have told me that they don't use anything except water, but I don't want to take any chances running out of energy on my first half.
My goal is to finish under 2 hours. I feel like I can do it, but I haven't seen the Worcester course yet so....it might be a big goal.
On another note I attended the "Battle of the Bands," at Sky Lounge last night. I am definitely getting old. The music was loud, it was dark and you couldn't talk without screaming. By 1o pm I was wishing for my comfy bed and a good book. Needless to say, I guess that is why I don't get out much.
Happy Mother's Day tomorrow. Hopefully everyone can get out for a run! That is the only thing that I asked for....and maybe a gift certificate to the running store.

No comments:

Post a Comment