Thursday, September 15, 2011

3 Things Thursday

1.  My laptop is back from the shop.  Trav keeps trying to show me all of these great things the touch pad can do now and I just keep complaining.  It seems to have a mind of it's own and I am now having to teach myself how to use my computer again.  I have tried to do a couple of things with it today and keep getting frustrated.  Believe me I am pretty computer savy and it takes a lot to throw me over the edge, but today is the day it is going to happen.  Who knew the first 5 day week of school would be the end of me?

2.  I just ordered 2 new RunningSkirts and a top for my birthday.  My birthday is 3 weeks away, but Travis said to order them.  I showed them to him just so he could see what he was getting me.  I'm good like that:) When he says this is my birthday present do you think I will get any other treats?  hmmmm....something to ponder.

3.  My running besties and I ran our 20 miler yesterday.  3:22 was our time.  I will definitely take it.  The best part of the run was when we passed the golf course in town for the second time and a kid playing golf looked at us and said, "You girls have been running for a long time....like 3 hours.  Aren't you tired?"  We just shook our heads and laughed.  We knew we were close to being finished and I think that we were delirious.  I treated myself to a Coke after.  Boy, did that taste good.  I definitely needed some sugar at that point.  One more big run and then the taper is on for Chicago.

3 comments:

  1. FAB job on that 20! I think I'd have a Coke after that, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job on the 20! We were talking about you and Chicago and Richmond on the run this am.

    Love that Trav bought you some skirts. It's the best when husbands stop fighting the inevitable. The other day, I showed J a lululemon skirt I wanted and he just said, "go buy it before it sells out." Love that guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for new running skirts!

    Twenty-miles .. Wow! I think I will never stop being impressed with double digit mileage ... but 20? That's like DOUBLE double digits somehow. Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete