Friday, September 23, 2011

It's Official....I Am Hurt

I'm hurt.  There it is.  I said it.  I met with my ART therapist yesterday morning and he said it too.  He also said that he is "band-aiding" me in order to get through Chicago.  That if I wasn't 15 days away that he might pull the plug.  That he thinks my calf and shin issues are a result of my hip issues.  That after Chicago I am shut down.  There is no running.  That I need to learn to love my bike and the pool for a while and then we will start from scratch.  My response ranged from silent tears running down my face to a full fledged "cry out" in my friends office.

Right now the eliptical is going to be my best friend so that I don't lose any fitness.  I will see B.  2 times a week until the marathon and then we will go from there.  My spirits are down.  I am definitely anxious and of course now can't stop looking up races for next year.

So, I am off to the gym right now.  I'm going to hang on the eliptical before I pick up the kiddos and then go from there.  Only thing is I don't know where "there" really is.

9 comments:

  1. Hope you can get through Chicago and then take the break from running that it sounds like your body needs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry lady. though something good will come out of the new routine, i'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I can feel your heart break from here. I'm SO sorry. Wish I had true wisdom to offer but all I can offer is condolences. Take care of yourself and best best best wishes with what's to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry! Luckily you are still allowed to run Chicago though and then just focus on getting better! This will all work itself out eventually :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn - I'm sorry to hear that. No great words of wisdom...just sending some hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I am so sad for you. I know how hard this is. It is not fair...
    I really believe you will climb out of this and overcome your injury and your sadness. You will get stronger. And then when you are on the other side of this you will look back to how much courage and strength you mustered up to overcome it and you will use that to be a stronger runner. You are a fighter.
    I know this is hard because I have been there, in that place where you feel so sad and helpless and the "why me's" keep running through your head. But I promise you will get through it and be stronger because of it!
    Hang in there and do your best to enjoy Chicago! Injury or not, you have earned that race and you deserve for it to be a positive experience for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. by the way, after reading this i read another of my favorite blogs (run stronger every day) and she did a post recently about the importance of strengthening our hips. i thought you would like to read it, if you don't follow her already. it is quickly becoming one of my very favorite running blogs. here is a link to this post:
    http://runstrongereveryday.com/2011/09/22/exercises-to-do-this-week-stronger-hips/

    ReplyDelete
  8. :( Have a wonderful time in Chicago and enjoy every single minute of it!!


    .... I've been working out in the pool now for over a month and am loving it! I actually saw physical results just from 45 minutes 3 days a week. So maybe it won't be all that bad? Hm... yeah, I tried to find something positive in this, but darn, that sucks. But at least he will fix you!

    ReplyDelete