Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Do I still Have a Blog?

Oh boy....I have not been very good on keeping up with my blog.  With the kids heading back to school, my mom was visiting and a sick dog.  (I know, I know, but she was in the doggy hospital for 3 days...)  Writing took a back seat.  I did start and stop a couple of posts, but couldn't really get it out.  Oh well....the kids are back in school, I am back to running and the dog is home so maybe I can get back on track.

I am slowly ramping my mileage back up.  I ran 3 outside on Sunday and a little over 7 outside yesterday.  I felt good, a little bit of tightness in my calf. I came home and used my Tiger Stick on it, then put the boys to work on massaging my calf.  Those little buggers have great hands.  Can I just quickly mention the humidity up here.  It is bad or rather was bad.  It is now raining and a little chilly outside.

I meet up with Dr. Looney today and am hoping to finish up my plan for Chicago.  It is definitely going to be a different race for me.  I am going in to enjoy it and probably not race it.  Let's say a long training run.  My 2 besties get it and I have already told them to go along without me.  My first marathon was 4:32 and I am hoping to beat that, but I truly will be fine with whatever happens.

Fingers crossed.....

4 comments:

  1. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! You are getting stronger each time out! Feel free to send your little massagers down this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ALWAYS make my kids give me massages! It's their job as far as I'm concerned :-)
    Thanks for the input on my football pool. I went with your pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your dock is okay!

    I don't have any children, just a cat and dog. I always wonder if I could maybe get my dog to do her whole wiggle dance (on her back) ON my calves. Seems like it would feel great!

    ReplyDelete