Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Last Long Run

Tomorrow morning is my last long run of this marathon training gig.  It will be my second 20.  Our plan was to do 3 20's but with injuries etc...I think that 2 is my limit.  I am nervous for some reason.  It seems silly.  I had a great 20 miler last week.  I was definitely slow in the end, but heck it was a Wednesday morning.  I have definitely put a lot of miles on this body training.  I have spent part of the year injured and even a little unmotivated at points.  The summer was tough for me.  Training with the kiddos at home was hard.  The heat was well...HOT this summer and there were times where I didn't want to be held to a training plan.  The flip side....I love running.  I love running with my friends and without and I am so EXCITED to run Chicago.
We have our tickets.  We are staying with my friend Gail's brother.  He has a 4 bedroom condo 6 miles from the start.  I have been thinking about my outfit.  (lulu skirt or running skirt).  I am running in my Saucony's and well...I guess that is it.
So for now I am going to take in the taper....because you know what is coming after Chicago?  I will give you a hint.....The Friendliest Marathon....

3 comments:

  1. I don't know how you do it! Good luck!! (is it bad that I'm most interested in what you're wearing?? :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. exciting! i'm so inspired by how you have trained - overcome your injuries and adapted your schedule based on what your body and life was telling you needed to happen. chicago is going to be wonderful for you!! enjoy the taper - it is almost go time!!
    ps - i will be in richmond too ;o)

    ReplyDelete