Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Running Skirt Blues

Last night I decided to run with my outfit for the Worcester Half this weekend. I didn't want to have any blunders when getting dressed on Sunday morning. I had a new green skirt from runningskirts.com and finally found the just right yellow top to match. I grabbed the skirt out of my closet and pulled it on..."oh sh%$!" I said out loud but to myself. My husband looked over, "I think that my running skirt is to big and it has the long compression pants inside." Well....I decided not to let that stop me and took off for my run. I am on my taper week so I decided to do my 4 1/2 mile route and work on some speed. I took off up the hill and then realized the skirt was falling down. I tried to pretend that it wasn't, but it was. I then had to roll it twice. I was trying to look at the bright side (that is my new mantra) that at least it was to big and not to tight, but that wasn't helping. I then kept thinking the rest of the way, "what am I going to wear?" "i love this skirt..." and "oh great, i just bought this new top today to go with the skirt and I am supposed to be on a budget." (more about that at a later post:) I made it home in 37 minutes and I started to feel good. While my first mile was 9:03 my third was 7:59 and my last one was 8:00. Can I run that pace for 13.1 miles? I highly doubt it, but if I can do that for a few miles then I am hoping to meet my under 2 hour goal. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....Now as far as the outfit goes, I have another skirt that I love, that I can wear my new yellow top with and all will be well. I hope.....

1 comment:

  1. Take a pic of the running outfit. I pray you have a nice 1/2.

    ReplyDelete