Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Summer Cold Stinks...and Training for a Marathon


It's official! I have a summer cold and I am miserable. My ear hurts and my throat hurts. Izzie and Siri both have it as well so it was only a matter of time. I am supposed to run at 6 am tomorrow and am thinking that I need to turn it in at 830 tonight to make sure that I get a good nights sleep.
Now....marathon training. I am signed up to run the Manchester City Marathon in November. I printed out the Hal Higdon intermediate Marathon training guide last night and did some highlighting and writing in my calendar. Running Diva Mom writes her training runs in her paper calendar and I really liked that idea. It seems like that would hold you accountable and make it an appointment. I am definitely a little nervous. Every person that I have talked to talks about the hills, how hard it is and I even had one person ask me if "I wouldn't prefer to do a more meaningful marathon?" I thought about it for a second and decided that any first marathon is going to memorable, right? And if I am going to do a marathon isn't it good to do one close to home. What if I injure myself? I am 20 minutes from home, my husband and my kids. So....long story short I am doing it and I am going to do well!

Finally, Izzie had her dance recital yesterday. It was way cute, but way to long! 2 hours and 15 minutes later it was over and by the time I got to her she was crying and told me that she quitting dance. I told her take a summer break and we could talk about it in the fall. Oh to be 4 again.

No comments:

Post a Comment