Saturday, June 5, 2010

To Whom it May Concern....

To whom it may concern,
I am a runner in our quaint, small town in New Hampshire. I follow the "runner" rules of the road. I run facing traffic, I stop at crosswalks and give the right of way to cars at stoplights. All in all I think that I am a pretty courteous runner. So why do you in cars have to be so rude sometimes? To the two large women who told me to get my "skinny a&&" off of the road this morning, I have thought about it and I am going to take it as a complement. I have never been told that I have a skinny a&& before. The woman in the gray Prius, you know who you are since you work at our elementary school, did you really have to gun your engine, swerve around 3 women (one with a baby stroller) and then flip us off in front of the Church. Really, have you no shame? And finally to the young boys with your "hot rod" license plate, I don't really need you to blow kisses at me and whistle. First of all I could probably be your mother and second, I know that I don't look good when it is 85 degrees out and have just finished running 12 miles, please don't flatter me. I guess what I am trying to say is can't we just all get along, share the road and maybe keep our comments to ourselves? Believe me you do not want to know what I am thinking in my head!
Thanks for your time,
Rene'

1 comment: