Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Slow Going Last Week

Last week was certainly not a great running week for me. I might have run 10 miles. As much as I felt that I needed a recovery week from my Half, I was so depressed. I ate badly, was snappy with the kids and then became super stressed about how I was going to run this summer. Well, yesterday my plan started fitting together. 2 days a week with my gym friend Lynne, 1 speed work morning at the high school track with my favorite 2 running partners Gail and Michelle, a Friday 6 am run with Beth as well as some sit ups, push ups etc...and finally a long run with Karin, my triathlete friend, on Saturday mornings. We are both training for the AppleFest Half Marathon in September. Hopefully, my training is pretty consistent. More for my sanity than anything else.
Yesterday was the last day of school in Amherst. The kids were so excited...we had an ice cream social at our pool club and ended up not leaving until after 8 pm last night. The kids are still asleep right now. ummmm.....coffee, quiet and 60 degrees on the porch this morning. what a great way to start this first day of vacation.

1 comment:

  1. enjoy your quiet times...i know they are few and far between! so proud of you...keep running and writing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete