Friday, June 11, 2010
Training Complete...now the Waiting
Today is the first of my two rest days before our race on Sunday. I am definitely feeling nervous. My husband told me last night that I had done the hard part and now just had to focus on the fun part, "the race!" Why don't I feel that way? I have had a great time training. I have two awesome running partners, I have watched myself run further and faster than I ever have and I have felt no pressure during training runs. I set a goal to finish under 2 hours for this half and am now feeling like I may have set myself up for failure. What if I don't finish under 2? Will it take away from the fact that I just finished my first half marathon? I hope not, but unfortunately I know my personality. We are leaving at 2 pm tomorrow to go to the Expo, pick up our numbers and drive the course. Part of me doesn't want to drive the course, what is the expression, "Ignorance is Bliss." Maybe I want to feel ignorant and just take it as it comes...who knew that a race could cause so many emotions? I guess the best thing to do is to do start drinking water, take a deep breath and enjoy the ride. My friend Karin told me that the race is my dessert after a great 3 months of training, I think that I will choose to look at it that way. A hot fudge sundae after a great meal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
just found you and look fwd to following your journey! Looks like you have some nice races on your agenda this year -- good luck!
ReplyDeleteI am so proud of you my friend!! Wish I was there to cheer you on and give you that hot fudge sundae when you cross the line!! xoxo
ReplyDelete