
I love "stuff." When I start a new hobby I have to have everything that there is to offer. When I wanted to scrapbook, I could have put Creative Memories out of business. Knitting....you guessed it I owned every yarn, pattern or knitting needle known to man. Now it is running. I will preface this by saying that I always have run off and on. I love to get new running shoes, new watches and new sports bras etc....but this time it is different. When I purchased my new Garmin 310XT, I broke it down to my husband like it was a goal setting apparatus. He was skeptical at first, he was the one that bought the sewing machine when I was going to sew, but now he agrees it was a great purchase. When I return home from my runs, he looks at the elevations, heart rate, miles just as greedily as I do. He will give me compliments or make a comment that he didn't know that route was that long. My garmin pushes me to do better every day and to strive for big goals. My shoe charm however, it is just pretty but, let's be honest there has to pretty a long with practical. Happy National Running Day.
I'm the same. Keep running girlfriend. Would love to see you over the summer!
ReplyDeleteI am the same way - and did the same thing w/ knitting and quilting! Husband told me there was NO WAY I could justify the Garmin purchase to him - until I got home from my first multi-mile run and he was able to parse the data. Now, he takes my watch from me while I am still bent over and panting and plugs it in for me. :)
ReplyDelete