Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Bad Run, Bad Day

Today I was supposed to run 5 miles. I made it 3.6 on the treadmill at the gym. I got up at 5:15, got ready and was on the treadmill by 5:45. It was dreadful. My Garmin wasn't working indoors, every mile was going so sloooooow. By mile 2 I had to go to the bathroom, by mile 3 I was trying to talk myself into running 5 and by 3.6 I was officially done. This treadmill run made me realize a couple of things about myself this am. 1/I hate the treadmill. 2/I am not a great early morning runner. I am doing it because the kids are home, but man 9 am is really more my time. 3/I like running with people. The entire time on the treadmill my mind was all over the place. I couldn't find myself and it was not enjoyable. I love to run. It is my outlet, but honestly this morning I was thinking that I hated it. Not good.
Needless to say this is my first week of Marathon training and I am now stressed about what the summer holds. I talked to my mother this morning, a former runner herself, and she reminded me that some days are just like that. So....I guess I will close the book and try again tomorrow. Sorry Hal!

No comments:

Post a Comment