Friday, July 30, 2010

No Run Today

I have decided to take today off from running. It is my last day at my mother's and although the weather is BEAUTIFUL my back is killing from a different bed and a certain 4 year old who is in my bed everynight. I also have an 11 miler coming up on Sunday morning and thought that I would take two days off prior to my run. What I am having trouble with is the guilt that I am feeling. I mean I have nothing to feel guilty about, but my head and heart are feeling a bit disappointed in me today. I keep thinking that maybe I should have gone out and at least have done three flat miles, but I am already showered and getting reading to take 4 little girls to see Beezus and Ramona. I guess it is time to let the guilt go, stop over thinking it and get on with the day.

What do you feel guilty about regarding running at times? and how do you stop feeling that way?

2 comments:

  1. I have the same problem if I take a day off or go easy. But then, when the next time comes and a run goes really well, it is so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that problem too. In fact, I sub'd a bike in for a run today, and have some kind of weird guilt that involves my Brooks versus my Schwinn.

    ReplyDelete