Forgot to mention that I ran 4 miles in my Newtons yesterday and really loved them. I need to run 6 tomorrow and am thinking about doing 3 in my Asics then the other 3 in my Asics.
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Super Swimming Tuesday
I did run today, but today I am going to dedicate my blog to my 6 year old son Andy who passed the swim test at the North Side swimming pool in Waynesboro, PA. This was a big deal to Andy. He is the baby of my house. (figuratively not literally) Everything is an issue, he whines, he cries and nothing is ever right. Needless to say when he came up to me and said that he was going to take the swim test today I was a little shocked. I went with him to get the lifeguard and she came right over. Off he went. He needed to swim from one end of the pool to the other. He made it over to one side and then he came right back like a fish. This was a kid that you had to drag into the pool last year at this time. What a difference a year makes and turning 6 makes. The rest of the afternoon was spent going down the waterslide, jumping off of the diving board and going down the swim chute! Yay Andy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congratulations to your son! On an unrelated note, could you e-mail me at highermiles@gmail.com? I'm trying to start organizing everyone interested in the first time marathoners thing I'm trying to host. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteYEAH!!!! such an accomplishment!
ReplyDelete