Sunday, July 25, 2010

Blue Ridge Summit, PA

I am on my weeklong summer break at my mom's house in Pennsylvania. When she told me it was hot outside, I just kind of listened. I mean it had been hot in New Hampshire this summer as well. My plan was to do as much outside running as possible as I am starting week 3 of Hal Higdon marathon training. My training week is not that hard, a lot of 3's and a 6. Okay, it looks like I will be doing some treadmill work this week. It is really hot, like sweat down your shins hot. The air I was breathing in was hot and the wind was hot. (you have probably picked up that it is hot here) So...at 9:30 I ventured out. Head band, Road ID, shuffle, Garmin....Garmin......okay my Garmin was dead. I thought that I had charged it before I left, but I guess I didn't. Anyone that knows me knows that no Garmin = stress for me. So, off I go, not knowing where I am going, but I just take off. I am going fast and it is hot, there is sweat everywhere, my shins, my bum, my feet....Finally, I make it to the end, one big hill and at this point I am ready to collapse, but I make it. I come in, my shirt is wet, my face is bright red and Izzie tells me she can't touch my hand because I am to sweaty and smelly. Oh the honesty of a four year old. Anyway, I have been tired ever since, it could be because I am not at my own house on my schedule or maybe that run just did me in.
On another note I am going to start breaking in my Newton's this week. I am hoping to race in them for the Applefest Half Marathon in September. It is a hard race and I will need all of the help I can get.

2 comments:

  1. You are kind of in my neck of the woods this week and yes, it is hot...really hot and it doesn't seem to want to go away! Good luck with it...oh, and good luck with the Newton's. I recently got a pair too and have been wearing them on my shorter runs...haven't decided my opinion yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abbi---let's keep up about the Newton's. I ran 4 in them yesterday and seemed to really like them, but like you I am going to take my time and decide after more runs.

    ReplyDelete