Friday, July 9, 2010

Running Rut

I am in a running rut! I am having a hard time in the heat getting motivated and I am having a hard time getting up in the morning to go running. I am not a morning person by nature, I don't usually go to bed until 11 or 1130, so when the alarm goes off at 5:30 am I am spent. I know that morning is my only time to go, but it so hard. The kids being home also seem to be cramping my style. I know that I should be enjoying the fact that we have no plans every day, that I don't have to pack lunches or do homework, but quite honestly I like the routine. I like having a plan, I can't help it, it is my personality. I am trying to embrace being laid back and fun, but it is just not working. My 9 year old told me it was because I was not laid back, so it was okay. Pretty impressive when your 9 year old son recognizes that you are not laid back:) Anyway...I have a long run planned for tomorrow and I am at the Cape next week which will require a couple of long runs and hopefully I will be back on track. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment