I will start by saying the 5K is not my favorite race. I am not particularly fast and it usually takes me 3 miles to even get into my groove. I made a playlist since I wouldn't be with my 2 running besties. (they were running the half) We all started together and I was with M and G to start. I was running a bit fast for them and that is when M tapped me on the shoulder and told me to go on....so on I went. I felt good for the entire race. This was not an easy race, A LOT of HILLS! I tried to zone out and find my pace. I thought that I found it, but the hill on the last mile was a killer. 25 minutes later I crossed the finish line. I felt good, my hip didn't hurt, my feet didn't hurt. I walked to the car and got all of our stuff and waited for the girls to finish. Shout out to G who got a 1:50 PR.
The race was run by ClubLoco which is a great running club in the Seacoast area. They definitely know how to do a race. Plenty of course support, a great after party and genuine love of running. They ROCK.
So what a week. It was my first week of running 4 times since January. I am feeling good and hopefully on the road to true recovery.
Happy Sunday Lovies!!!!
Yay.... love the name of the race.... your time was over the rainbow good.
ReplyDeleteHow fitting that a race with a lot of hills was called Over the Rainbow!!!! My 5k had a lot of hills too....yucky ducky especially since I was pushing 30+ lbs up them!!!
ReplyDeleteOooops Beyond the Rainbow.....either way you get the point!!! :-)
ReplyDeleteGreat job Rene'!! Missed you yesterday! But loved seeing Siri and Travis! Next time. :)
ReplyDeleteNice work on the 5K. I haven't run a 5K in years, but I kind of want to get out there and do one. Maybe I'll find one for next weekend.
ReplyDelete