Thursday, April 14, 2011

Three Things Thursday....Boston Edition

1. It is here. The weekend everyone has been waiting for.....The Boston Marathon. I love the Marathon. When I lived on Chestnut Hill Avenue in Brighton I would sit on my stoop and watch the Marathon with my friends. We had a rolling cooler that we would travel with and drink and scream and cheer and hit each other and say we could never do it. We would then make our way up to Beacon Street and watch the racers there. When you are 24 and live in the city I swear it is the best day of the year!
2. I am not running Boston. I am not even close to qualifying. My first marathon was 4:32, but suddenly tonight I am thinking of ways that I can qualify. What do I have to do? What would my training plan be? Do I wait until I am 40, I think then I would need a 3:55? (it could be 3:50 the qualifying standards changed.) I am running Chicago and Richmond this year. People have said with the right training Chicago might be the place.
3. I am going to the Expo on Saturday with my friend and then to the Marathon on Monday with Izzie. Trav's Nana lives at the bottom of Heartbreak Hill so we are going to go and visit her and cheer for some runners. On Saturday I am visiting the Running Skirts booth etc...So fun! Luckily it is payday:)
Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. it looks like I would need a 3:45....a 45 minute pr yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! I would love to go to the expo!!! Unfortunately we moved a little too far! We used to be about 15 min from the city!!! Have a blast and spend away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh - I can't wait to hear how it all was! I feel like even the expo would be filled with such buzz and energy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well... Richmond isn't as hilly as people seem to think. There are only 2 major climbs, the rest is flat. I would be behind you ALL the way if you went for it in Richmond.. literally.

    ReplyDelete