Now let's talk a little Boston. First off the expo was incredible. Every running company you can imagine was there including one of my favorites....RunningSkirts. I know you are all wondering what I purchased...the Pinkaliscious skirt with 2 strappy tops. I also got to meet Christy. Can you believe that she worked the expo for 3 days and then went and ran the Marathon? Pretty unbelievable. I also saw Kristin Armstrong (Lance's ex wife). She was signing her book Mile Markers at the Runner's World table. Ryan Hall was also signing his book and he looked great. IT was so exciting. So much energy, people with their bags and their numbers. Everyone smiling, talking about the race and just as gracious to those not running as those running. IT totally reinforced my feelings about running the race. I will get there, I don't know when, but I will get there. I am hoping with Izzie in full day Kindergarden next year that I will be able to put a little more focus into my running. Preschool is tough, only 2 1/2 days a week and one full day. When she is with me I don't always want to drag her out to the gym or in the stroller. (she is getting kind of heavy) I also am feeling like this is her last year with me and I am trying to be WITH her instead of dragging her WITH me. Oh well...in the end I will get there.
Well, I am signing off for the night. The boys are at Lacrosse practice and the girls are playing school. I am going to read for a little while and get ready for my day tomorrow. Happy Tuesday night everyone.
I can't even imagine! I bet the energy was just crazy cool! Just hearing people talk about Boston makes me want to try to run faster. I know I'll never qualify, and I'm okay with that, but maybe some day I can just go and cheer at the very least! Or maybe the 5K?
ReplyDelete