The dog days are over
The dog days are done
The horses are coming so you better run
Run fast for your mother run fast for your father
Run for your children and your sisters and brothers
Leave all your love and your loving behind you
Can't carry it with you if you want to survive
This morning I was working on a playlist for my 5K tomorrow. It is part of the Great Bay Half Marathon which is what I was supposed to be running. Last week when I realized that there was no way that I could run a half I e-mailed the race director and asked if I could switch to the 5K. I am definitely bummed. M and G-1 are running the half, I should be running the half, but what is a girl to do. A girl should make a playlist so that she can maybe get a 5K PR? I know nothing about the course, my 5K PR is on a totally flat course in Amherst that I got on an 80 degree morning so maybe tomorrow the 50 degree morning will be even better.
I am a music lover in general and if I am by myself I definitely run with a headset. I know, I know I should enjoy just being, focus on my form, look around the environment, but honestly that is not me. I don't always want to focus on the run. I want to be taken away sometimes and my music choices say that. On my long runs I might listen to podcasts, (This American Life is my favorite) on 5K's and 10K's definitely music. The kids had many suggestions this morning. Izzie picked out some Chipmunk songs, Siri likes anything Usher and Ben and Andy picked Throw the World by Lil' Wayne and Emimen (excuse me uhhh....how do you two know this song and who downloaded it for you? Thanks Trav). I didn't go with any of those songs. As I was going through my list and came across this Florence and the Machine song (Dog Days are Over) I adopted it as my starting song. The lyrics are so appropriate as to how I feel about my running right now. Am I 100%, SO NOT! I might be 50%. Am I ready for Spring and Summer running, so ready! My feeling is that the Dog Days are Over. I am feeling ready to run, bike, swim whatever comes my way and that is good. It's a start, so in the words of Fergie and the Black Eyed Peas....
LET'S GET IT STARTED!!!!!!!!!!
Let's Get It Started, in here...
ReplyDeleteAnd the base keep runnin' runnin', and runnin' runnin', and runnin' runnin', and runnin' runnin', and
runnin' runnin', and runnin' runnin', and runnin' runnin', and runnin' runnin', and...
Go GIRL!!