Okay....I know that I have been complaining about the cold for the past 5 months. You know the normal complaints. "I am tired of dressing like a snowman to run." "I wish my shoes wouldn't slip in the ice." "I can't wait to wear my skirt and tank top, it is so much easier...." Today I got my wish. I had on my skirt, my t-shirt and socks. I hit my normal route when visiting my mother's house and I was flying. At one point I looked at my Garmin and it said 8:30....whew I was running fast today! It went on for about 2 1/2 miles then I returned to my mom's neighborhood. Did I mention at this point I needed water. It was hot...I was sweating the 3 cups of coffee that I had this morning were starting to come out of my poors. I had 6 miles on my agenda, but I was beginning to think that that was not happening. Maybe I am not as ready for the heat as I thought.
Now, I am back in my mom's neighborhood. Her house is in the middle of ......HILLS....there is a hill leaving her street, a hill coming back to her street and hills coming the other hills. These hills aren't just little rolling hills, they are huge, straight up in the air hills, my pace dropped to 10:30 at one point, but I kept going. Finally, at a little over mile 4 I saw my mom's, my legs ran toward there and I followed.
Dr. Looney had said no hills for awhile. He obviously has never been to BRS, PA, because no hills is no option. 6 on the agenda for tomorrow. Fingers crossed! (oh and planning to start a bit earlier before the heat)
Good luck on the six - I know how you feel about the heat! It went from winter to summer in pretty much one day!
ReplyDeleteugh, dont remind me that the oppressive heat is coming. i hate summer!!!! you will never hear me complain about the cold :)
ReplyDeleteFunny post. Thank goodness for warmer weather. Good luck with your sixer tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteWasn't that weather glorious!!! We haven't been inside for the past 2 days!!!
ReplyDeleteHa! That is like my daughter...she starts saying how hot it is when it is only 50/60 degrees. :) Oregonians are wimps when it comes to the heat. Thanks for your thoughtful comment on my post today. Yes, mothers wear so many hats! It is exhausting and I just can't do it all right now. And that has to be okay. :) Your training sounds like it is going well. This is awesome. :)
ReplyDeleteHello warm weather!! I know once I get warm here I'm going to be dying and wanting the cold again! And when I say warm "here" - I am one of those wimpy Oregonians. Can I handle running in 70ยบ??
ReplyDelete