Thursday, April 21, 2011

TTT.....packing edition

1. I am packing for our annual spring break trek to my mothers in PA. This year has been a little more tedious as we have to pack Easter clothes and Easter treats. The boys are already freaking out about "collar shirts" and Siri's dress shoes don't fit her. (It is amazing when your child wears a uniform to school everyday that you don't really have "extra" clothes/shoes laying around.) I packed my skirts etc... hoping to get a couple of runs in.

2. My mom is pretty cool about my need to run. She and my father were both runners in their day. Now my mom is a walker due to arthritis in both of her knees. They are not totally in to all of the gadgets that go along with running now and my dad just laughs at my skirts...he is from the school of just throw on shorts and go, but they are both so supportive. I am lucky that I had the two of them to look up to. If it weren't for them dragging us to races every weekend I don't know if I would have caught the running bug.

3. We don't have to many plans for the week. We need to come back on Friday because the boys have lacrosse all weekend and Travis is going to stay through Wednesday. Hoping to get some outlet shopping in and maybe a trip to Gettysburg. Also hoping for warmer weather. It is freezing here, YUK!

Happy Spring Break!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Spring! Have a wonderful Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is packing so stressful? I always have a panic attack putting everything together and I only have one!!! Have a great time with your family and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where in PA? Oh.... this should have been scheduled... I could have met you. I live like an hour form Gettysburg (I do drive fast tho).

    Enjoy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family doesn't understand all the gadgets for running either. The gadgets just make it so much fun! And the skirts, oh the skirts .... a MUST!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool that they were both runners. I'm sorry to hear that your mom can't really run anymore. I bet they think all the new stuff for running is funny...this made me smile. Ugggh, packing for 3 kids is a lot of work...and unpacking is even more work! Happy Easter Rene!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that your parents ran!! So awesome!!
    Happy spring break!!

    ReplyDelete