Saturday, April 30, 2011

It's Saturday

1. I had a plan to get up and run today. It is gorgeous outside. Sunny, bright and warm. Unfortunately, after driving for 8 hours yesterday I woke up to a very sore hip. I am hoping to let it stretch out through out the day and then to hit the treadmill tonight.
2. Today is the last day of April. I am glad to see it go. We had a very cold, wet April and I am ready to move onto the spring and summer. While May is super busy. Lacrosse and riding for the kids, 2 half marathons for me (Heartbreak Hill Half and the Run to Remember) and Trav has some traveling for work I am excited.
3. I am slowly getting my eating under control. While I was on vacation last week I definitely slacked off, but tried to do the right things. Now that I am home in my own surroundings I am looking forward to getting everything under control.
4. Did I mention last night that we found our back door open and realized that none of our animals were in our house? 1 6 month old Corgi and 2 indoor cats. It was like a jailbreak. We found them all in the back yard. Needless to say the dog smelled like dog poop and required a tub and one of the cats threw up upon their return into the house. uhhh...nothing is ever easy:)
5. and finally #5 oh #5......I have a 4 year old that will not stay in her own bed. I wake up and she is there. I bring her back to her bed, wake up and she is back. It is never ending. Any ideas? We have done the sticker chart and it worked, but after she got her prize she went back to her wicked ways. Bad dreams seem to be the culprit.
Now...off to get ready for a day of Lacrosse! So glad it is not raining.

4 comments:

  1. I'm kind of glad to see April go as well. I'm just ready for Summer, I guess!!

    I hate when my dog gets out...such a drag! It usually takes me about 3 hours to catch her. Grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAy for all the animals staying put.

    I hear ya on the eating.....Boston did not agree with my scale. ;)

    YAY for no rain!

    Happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe your animals escaped! I'm glad to hear they stayed in the yard. Wow!

    Owen gets up once a night. :( I have to get up and bring him back to bed and lay their with him a while. I remember Josh doing the same thing, and eventually he just stopped coming in...sorry, that's no help, is it?

    Here's hoping for an unbroken night's sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hm, I can only imagine what led to number 4! This is a time when you need those nanny cams so you can see how your pets all got together to take their party outside!

    ReplyDelete