1. After Chicago I was having quad pain, hip pain and butt pain. I saw my ART therapist on Monday. Seems like it is my sciatic nerve getting caught in my hip and into my quad. Oh bother....no running:( But I get to SWIM. I know my running friends. Don't be jealous. There is nothing like hopping in the pool and swimming. Okay I am being sarcastic. I really don't like swimming, but I need to do it and I am just going to do it with a smile on my face. Say a prayer that the next 4 weeks don't do me or my family in.
2. I am already starting to look at races for next year. (Isn't that what runners do when they are hurt.) I see a lot of halfs that I am interested in and I am thinking of finally conquering a sprint tri. (Nothing crazy.) I am afraid of my bike so this will be a great test for me. Ebony and I need to hit the streets of Amherst.
3. In food news we are really focusing on healthy eating around here. Travis is down 10 pounds and his blood pressure has dropped already. We have cut most of the meat out of our diets. I am definitely not ready to go vegan, but I am not feeling like I need meat on a daily basis. We are trying out new foods, new cook books and actually having a good time. Now if I could just get him on the treadmill....
Happy Thursday!
No comments:
Post a Comment