I would write some great running post, but I am tapering for Chicago this weekend and I ran a wonderful 3 uneventful miles today. My right quad was a bit tight, but I think it is going to be okay:)
What else is going on around here? Well school is in full swing and the kids have definitely hit that "it is October let's be lazy" that happens here every year. My 6th grader seems to be cruising through which is making me a bit uneasy. I keep arguing with my 5th grader, who reminded me that he has nothing less than a 93 on every test this year so "back off!" (Really...did he just say that?) My 2nd grader keeps telling me how hard 2nd grade is....(okay then why are you finishing your homework on Monday nights for the entire week?) and my 5 year old still loves school and has no homework. School is hard, I get it. I also know that I put pressure on my kids to do well. There are times when my husband (definitely more laid back) tells me to back off and let them figure it out. My biggest problem I feel like if they don't do well it is a reflection on me. I know not a great way to be but that is how I am. I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist and there are times when I am looking for that from them. I am going to practice taking a step back and hope that all goes well.
Chicago is 4 days away...I am having hard time believing it, but am super excited! Chitown here we come!
It's hard to know when to back off, isn't it? My kids find school really easy (to this point) and it's hard for me to just let them be because I remember school being really easy for me to a point and I was happy to just slide on through without really putting a lot of effort in. It's a mistake I wish I hadn't made...so it's hard to know whether to step in and push them or just accept that they are already doing just fine. Is just fine good enough? yikes! Such hard stuff to this parenting thing...
ReplyDeleteWait a minute ... they have homework in Second grade? That is crazy to me! I don't think I ever had work to do at home until 3rd grade and it was just one sheet of math equations. Homework sucks!!
ReplyDeleteI so hear you on the school, perfectionism and all! It can be really hard to find a balance...I'm still looking!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with Chicago!!!