Friday, October 7, 2011

Important Information

Last night we received important information from the Chicago Marathon peepes about the temps on Sunday.  Looks like it is going to be in the 70's (I saw 80's) so they wanted to give us some advice....This was my favorite:


  • Plan to adjust your pace for the weather. The increasing temperature will require more of your body’s energy and resources to maintain normal function, so a slower pace than originally planned is recommended in order to get you to the finish line without overheating.


Oh crap....there goes my BQ;)

Have a super weekend everyone.  I will see you on the flip side.

3 comments:

  1. Too funny! Fall marathons can be so tricky with the weather! I would much rather run in the cold than these high temps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh!!! I am such a dope!!! Posted this then remembered you were running!! Go rock Chi Town Rene!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, NOT what you want to see before a race!

    ReplyDelete