Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Chicago Marathon 2011

If I was not still so tired I would write a long post about the Chicago Marathon.  It took me over 5 1/2 hours.  My hip died at mile 9 and I did the walk/run for the next 17 miles.  It was long, it was hot, but I have to tell you Chicago is one cool city.  They totally get behind their marathon and I loved that.  So, more to come in the next couple of days and maybe even a new plan.
Happy Tuesday!

9 comments:

  1. I'm sorry your hip decided to give out on you. Congrats on finishing. Can't wait to hear more details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your hip - but you finished! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugggh! Sorry girl...this had to make things hard. Proud of you for finishing. And I really want to do Chicago someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about the hip! What a nightmare. But you are seriously tough for gutting it out from mile 17. wow. Hope you are recovering well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Toughness! You are amazing for finishing that race. Heal well, be kind to yourself and know we are rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been dying to hear about how it went! I'm so sorry about your hip but kudos to you for pushing on!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on finishing - sorry to hear about the hiop. Hope you can rest up and let it heal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the finish!! Sorry about the last 17 not going as well as you hoped, but you DID IT!! No giving up from you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow - that is a long time to have a hurting hip. Congrats on getting to the finish!

    ReplyDelete