Thursday, October 20, 2011

3 TT

1.  Travis seems to be on the road to recovery.  He got up and showered and went to work with his Dad today.  We took his blood pressure and it was still quite high.  He doesn't seem to understand why.  It is hard for me to just say, "dude, it has probably been high for a while!"  I am trying to be supportive.  I get his food organized, keep track of his meds and write down his BP's.  Funny it feels like I am working again:)  (I was an adolescent health nurse in my former life).  I am hoping for him to make a huge life change at this point.
2.  On making changes I am going to try to cook 2-3 vegetarian meals a week.  We don't eat a lot of meat anyway, but I am hoping to incorporate more vegetables and grains into our diet.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  I am feeling kind of stuck.
3.  I was hoping to run today but woke up with hip pain and quad pain.  I went to spin yesterday and felt great.  Tomorrow is rowing machine and swim.  I am also hoping to start lifting again.  The witch doctor can't see me until next week so I am just going to keep on keepin' on.  Instead I cleaned my entire house which was super cathartic.  Nothing like scrubbing a bathroom to get your stress out!
Happy Thursday!!

4 comments:

  1. I am a vegetarian and my husband is NOT (that's a capital 'NOT'!) I will cook meat for him sometimes, but he's become pretty accustomed to veggie meals. One fast DELICIOUS veggie burger recipe (much better than what you can buy frozen):

    1 can of chick peas
    bread crumbs
    1 egg
    veggies of your choice (I use frozen)

    mash the chick peas with a potato masher; mix in the egg, add enough bread crumbs so it will form into patties, add veggies of choice; make into patties and put on a hot skillet with OLIVE OIL. (Olive oil, I swear, is the key to happiness and definitely the key to this veggie burger)

    I use this same recipe for faux-meatballs, to add in a salad, and any time I feel protein is in order.

    GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear things are getting better. I try to do veggie meals but it is sometimes hard, I admit that half the time they taste like crap. I know it's how I make them because I'd prefer a vegetarian restaurant over a regular one anyday. I think it all comes down to seasoning so I continue to just search and try new recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to do vegetarian meals more often...it's just convincing the hubby that he wants to do the same! You can always tell when the stress level rises, the cleaner my house is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cleaning is surely therapy! Hope things keep getting better. And I need help with eating and cooking! I would love to add more of the vegetarian recipes into our diet again.

    ReplyDelete