Monday, August 2, 2010
Running on Empty
I ran 11 miles yesterday and it was awesome. The weather was cool, no humidity and I was by myself for 1 hour and 42 minutes after an 8 hour car ride the day before with a pesky 4 year old saying, "Mom," "Mommy," "Mom." I finally told her that I changed my name, it didn't work. This morning I got up at 5:30 and ran with my friend, just a quick 4 miler, but my legs felt good after. I have to say I am tired tonight and getting ready to turn in. The summer is starting to do me in. I feel as though I am constantly cleaning up, getting kids organized for the pool, organized for football practice and fixing a million meals a day. I don't know maybe I am a person that needs year round school because I am definitely missing "me" time. I don't know is that selfish? Well good night, I am now taking a crying 4 year old upstairs who will not stop crying about "skipping." God help me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Way to go! :)
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the run! Summer is beginning to wind down! :-)
ReplyDeleteway to go rene'...so proud of you! and no, it's not selfish! I can't even get a 20 min. workout in with out interruption! :)
ReplyDeleteLOL! Not at the crying child, but at the topic that inspired the crying. Too funny. I find that running (and swimming) are practically THERAPY for me during the summer. Because without them I get NO kid free time. It really makes me wonder how I survived the summer before I took up running... oh yea, I was a total wreck bordering on alcoholism, that's how.
ReplyDeleteYou're not SELFISH - you're PRACTICAL. I also cannot wait for school to start.