Friday, July 22, 2011
16 Mile Friday
Well....this was not the most conventional 16 miler, but I can chalk it up in the books. I started at 5 am and met my friends. Our plan was to run for 2 hours and then finish whatever we had left on our home treadmills. We made it an hour. By the time we finished at 6 am, it was 87 degrees and 100% humidity. I have honestly never felt air like this. It was hot, thick, hazy and then there was this strong hot wind blowing. Really unbelievable. We were wheezing, sweating and limping. We were done. Take II....after having to run some errands I decided that I was going to finish those last 10 miles. I had an hour and hopped on my treadmill. I knew that I could get 6 miles in before I picked the kiddos up. 1 hour later I was in the car picking up the kids from camp. Take III....threw some lunch in front of the kids and then hopped by on my treadmill for 4 miles. Let's just say that took a lot of mental toughness. Even though I had a show on I just wanted off. That had to be the longest 4 miles I have ever run. Long story short I finished...WOO-HOO! I immediately went and hopped in the pool with the 4 kids following behind me. It felt so good. Now off to clean up the house and then out tonight with friends. (Oh, and hopefully some rest before tonight.) Happy Friday!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
wow that sounds brutal! Awesome job on finishing!
ReplyDeleteNot sure I could have powered through.
ReplyDelete