Monday, July 18, 2011

The Races are Coming....The Races are Coming

I am officially back from the 03257.  (Blue Ridge Summit, PA) and hit the pavement at 5 am for an eight mile run.  We made it 5 miles before falling to the humidity.  The air was so thick I felt like you could taste it.  I then popped on the treadmill for 3 miles and officially got my 8 miles in for the day.  We are officially in the dog days of summer.  Heat and humidity and then afternoon thunderstorms.  That is another reason to get my runs done early.  I hate when thunder throws you off.
Starting August 2nd and through the 21st I have 4 races.  The Yankee Homecoming 10 miler, Beach to Beacon, Falmouth Road Race and finally the Gloucester Road Race.  I love races because they give me a goal and they all fit pretty well into my training schedule.  The only one that I am doing by myself is the Falmouth Road Race, but I am okay with it.  I love that course, it is so, so, so beautiful and it is a nice morning run.  The only thing that gets you usually is the humidity.  (Humidity seems to be the buzz word this summer.)
So Race Season here I come.  My favorite time of year....now if I could only get a bit faster.

2 comments:

  1. I agree race time is the best time! Faster? Yes you will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure even I would book 4 together. I cannot wait to read all of the race reports... good luck, my friend!

    ReplyDelete